Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pop Goes The Rock by Cirque Dreams - Pittsburgh


Diva and I had the chance to go see the Pop Goes The Rock show that is being held at Heinz Hall this week as part of PNC Broadway Across America. 

Pop Goes The Rock is the newest musical stage show from Cirque Dreams and is created by Neil Goldberg.   He also created the Broadway hit “Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy” and the Cirque Dreams entertainment brand.
Contributed photos
Acrobats move to music in this act from Cirque Dreams "Pop Goes the Rock," which will play Tuesday in The Centre.

This show is a bit odd because it's theme is a carnival fun house set to a pop and rock 'n roll music.  Sometimes I was confused on what to look at because there were so many cool things going on at the same time on the stage.  Cirque Dreams has crazy aerialists, I cannot figure out how they do it balancers and strongmen, weird looking background characters, fun dancers, truly amazing singers and a live band performing chart topping hits all right on the stage.


Two of my favorite acts were the strongmen Qiang Xie and Jian Zhang who balance in poses that made me hold my breath in wonderment and Vladimir Dovgan and Anatoliy Yeniy's act of balancing atop a board and small tables which were set over a stack of cylinders. Talk about talent!

You don't want to miss this show so go buy your tickets now!  Really it is quite a performance!


Disclosure ~ I was provided free tickets to the opening night performance of Pop Goes The Rock by Cirque Dreams, I was not required to provide any review and all opinions are explicitly my own.

No comments: