Thursday, October 13, 2011

Bissell Stomp 'N Go product review.

I received this lovely box on my porch a week ago.  It was filled with Stomp 'N Go sample boxes and some grape juice stained carpet swatches.   Then I received a Visa gift card in order to purchase party food!

   

Well, twist my arm why don't ya! I gathered some friends together and we had a stomping good time.  I did cheat on this sample rug a bit though.  I stomped on it the night before so I could let it set for 45 minutes and then have time to dry thoroughly before the gathering.  



The below shot is of the stain right after I removed the pad - don't think that the carpet sample was discolored in that whiter circle - it was just wet.



Unfortunately, for us this stain did not come out.  It did lighten up but was not removed.  In a separate note, I tried the pads on a new pee stain from our new puppy and it didn't work very well on that either. I got the same result - lighter stain but not gone. It also took overnight for the section to dry on my carpet. It seems to me that the pads are super wet and it seems to take a very long time for this to dry. 



While we chatted about how convenient this product would be to use and that the price of $5 a box is relatively inexpensive for a box of 5 pads, we went ahead and tested an old banana stain from my friend's one-year-old's mess.  They all agreed to go home and test it on their carpet stains as well and let me know.




We left this Bissell Stomp 'N Go pad on the stain for 1 hour.  After another hour the spot was still not dry.  So my friend agreed to call me with her results when it was actually dry enough to vacuum.  She called me later and said it was faded but not gone completely but she was pleased with the results.


Unfortunately for me, this product did not do as well as I had anticipated.  However, perhaps it will work better on some other type of carpet.  I am grateful for the opportunity to try this product from Bissell and the concept is a very good one for busy families but it took too long for it to dry before I could vacuum it up and trying to keep a puppy and kids away from a specific section of carpet until that time was very difficult and the stain still did not completely go away.

As an update:  Another of the party guests used the product at home and here is what she had to say: 
"The bissel pads worked. I used them on two old stains on my family room carpet, one was cat throw up that just wouldn't come out and the other was some type of food or drink. The pads worked and I only kept them on for less than 1 hour. I am truly amazed!!! BTW my carpet is a light multi color greenish, not a solid white or beige."



Disclosure:  I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of BISSELL and received a party kit and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.

No comments: