Thursday, July 8, 2010

My Despicable Prize

(You've heard this already if you are clicking over from my other website.)  First let me start this post by saying that I was not given this prize in exchange for this post or anything else. I won this prize fair and square from the appropriate contest entry with a radio station. Neither the radio station nor any company affiliated with this movie are expecting me to write any of these comments in any review forums. I am only posting about this prize on this review/giveaway website because I fear the Ad Gods on my other website and didn't want them to spank me anymore - it hurts.  So the comments about this movie are completely my own and I have not been given anything in exchange for these comments. 

This was a prize I won!  I won 3 tickets to the July 7th advance screening of the new computer-animated 3-D feature film from Universal Studios and Illumination Entertainment called  Despicable Me


You have no idea how excited my two kids were.  Okay, okay I'll admit it - I was really excited to see this movie too.


I love movies.  I really love all the new animated kid's movies.  The new 3D movies are amazing to me.  I cannot believe how 3D has progressed from those horrific blue and red glasses. 

This movie was fun to watch. I'm not going to go into the entire gist of the movie as I'm sure you have already heard all that stuff.  Of course, everyone loves the little yellow Minions in the movie the best and I hope there is some type of spin-off with these little fellas.  It was a tug at your heart movie but that was wrapped around lots of comedy and just plain kid-type funny stuff (Stuff like a "fart" gun and the Minions making photocopies of their butts.). The audience was laughing out loud for most of the movie.  My kids were entirely entertained!  Of course Boy Child had to go to the bathroom 3 times but hey that is what happens when you wait an hour in line with a bottle of water and then sit with another bottle of water while eating your popcorn.  So it wasn't boredom but rather a full bladder that had us up and down during the show. 

I wouldn't say that this movie was as good as any Pixar movie and the story is very predictable, however, I feel that it is a must see movie for everyone this summer.  It is a lot of fun to watch and you will leave with a smile on your face.  I will absolutely be purchasing this movie when it comes out on DVD. My daughter has stated to more than one person today that Despicable Me is the best kid's movie she has seen.  The audience literally applauded at the end of this movie.

Oh and I've heard that there is an iPhone app that is a collaboration between Universal and Best Buy called The Minionator, and it will supposedly translate the special language of the Minions during the movie’s end credits (and throughout the entire movie on the eventual DVD release). They also claim that the app “automatically dims the mobile screen, silences the ringer and discourages texting to ensure audiences have a positive movie-going experience.”  I do not have an iPhone (yeah, yeah say what you want but I'm just not there yet) but you can go here and get it for yourself.  If you do, please come back and leave me a comment to let me know if it does work or not.  I'm so curious.

1 comment:

the Provident Woman said...

I can't wait to see that movie!!!